Quartz Countertops are rapidly becoming one of America’s favorite kitchen countertop surfaces. They are sustainable, ultra-durable, sanitary, and come in a wide variety of colors and patterns. Many people appreciate their ability to mimic granite and other natural stone products. However, many patterns include fun and playful colors, as the result of post-consumer product recycling, that would never be possible with granite or marble slabs. Some Quartz products are even made right here in the United States, making them an even more eco-friendly option. If you’re in the market for a countertop surface that is luxurious, environmentally friendly, and can handle the wear-and-tear of a high volume kitchen with little to no maintenance, Kitchen Magic would like to educate you regarding all things quartz.
5 Quick Facts About Quartz Countertops
- The “Greenest” Natural Stone Product. Quartz countertops are more eco-friendly than other natural stone surfaces because they are 93% quartz stone. Quartz is one of the most prolific minerals on the planet. Quartz countertops qualify towards LEED certification points.
- Unrivaled Durability. Quartz is the 4th hardest mineral on the planet, preceded by Topaz, Corundum, and Diamonds. Your quartz countertops won’t chip, crack, or stain.
- Sanitary. Because they are non-porous, quartz countertops aren’t susceptible to the grime and bacteria build-up that is typical of other natural stone surfaces. They never need to be sealed and do not require the use of special cleaning products.
- Great Warranties. Our quartz countertops come with 10-, 15-, and lifetime-warranties, depending on the manufacturer.
- GREENGUARD Approved. GREENGUARD backs quartz countertops because of their no-VOC composition, which complies with GREENGUARD’s high indoor air quality standards.
Now that you know a little bit more about quartz countertops in general,
here are some specific facts about each of our quartz countertop manufacturers.
Cambria Quartz Countertops
Cambria quartz countertops have two standout features: their quartz products are almost entirely mined in North America and all of their countertops are made right here in the USA. Other features include:
- Cambria’s commitment to sustainability: they recycle 100% of the water used during their manufacturing process and recycle all of their scrap waste in local road construction projects, among other environmentally friendly business practices.
- They offer a limited lifetime warranty
- There are over 90 different colors and patterns to choose from
- Cambria quartz countertops are NSF certified as a food safe preparation surface and can be used in commercial kitchens.
Dupont® Zodiaq Countertops
Zodiaq quartz countertops offer the same durable, maintenance-free, and sanitary benefits of other quartz countertop products. Additional features include:
- Zodiaq quartz is more affordable than other lines.
- They offer an eco-friendly Terra line, which uses 25% post-consumer recycled glass content.
- They offer a wide variety of colors and patterns to choose from.
- Dupont® offers a 10-year warranty on their Zodiaq quartz countertop line.
Silestone Quartz Countertops
Silestone products are another option for a non-porous, wear-and-tear resistant kitchen countertop surface. Some of the benefits of Silestone quartz countertops include:
- Silestone offers a 15-year transferable warranty.
- There are three different texture lines, each with their own texture and feel.
- More than 60 different Silestone colors and pattern selections from which to choose.
- They are the only quartz countertop manufacturer to include a built-in anti-microbial product which fights odor-causing bacteria, mold, and mildew.
If you would like to learn more about how quartz countertops can enhance the overall aesthetic and function of your upcoming kitchen remodel, you can schedule your free consultation online. If you live nearby, make an appointment to visit our showroom and speak with an experienced representative about the many benefits of one of the most innovative and environmentally friendly kitchen countertop options on the market.