What Is Meganite®
Meganite® is a high quality acrylic resin solid surface product often used as a low-cost alternative to Dupont Corian® in a wide variety of residential and commercial building and renovation applications.
- Meganite® demands attention in any of more than 100 colors and textures that include solid colors and a variety of granite, boulder, breccia, gemstone, sand and other stone imitations.
- Available in matte, semi-gloss and high gloss finishes.
- Meganite® colors include a special Ice Series* of three stunning translucents (Blue Ice, Green Ice and White Crystal) for use in custom illuminated countertop and backsplash designs.
- The Green Recycled Series certified by SCS Global is available in 18 striking popular colors.
- Meganite® 1/2-inch thick 30”W x 144”L sheets are easy to cut to fit any space or cabinet box.
- Custom countertop edge possibilities include bullnose, ogee, cove, classic roman ogee, roundover, top and bottom roundover, top bevel and double bevel.
- Meganite® is hygienic and NSF-51 Food Zone and Splash Zone certified. Unlike unsealed granite and tile.
- Nonporous with smooth, bonded seams. This surface inhibits bacteria, mold and other microorganism growth. If wiped clean before use, cooks can work with food directly on Meganite® without fear of contamination.
- Air-friendly and GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality and GREENGUARD Children & School certified. It does not release high levels of volatile-organic-chemicals.
- Meganite® shipping materials, such as wood pallets, cardboard and PET straps, are completely recyclable and environmentally friendly.
- Meganite’s® nonporous nature protects it from moisture damage and stains, and makes it easy to clean quickly with soap and warm water, or an ammonia-based cleaner.
- The countertops do not require an extra sealant or periodic re-sealing.
- Meganite® is durable and impact-resistant. Its solid construction doesn’t separate like laminates or crack easily like granite. Light surface buffing can usually remove minor scratches, scuffs and other blemishes without harming the finish.
- Meganite’s® construction and uniform color and texture makes virtually seamless replacement of damaged pieces possible.
- Meganite® has a 10-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
*Meganite® Blue Ice and Green Ice countertops are made of a polyester-acrylic blend material that does not meet all of the same performance and certification standards as White Crystal and non-translucent Meganite® 100 percent acrylic colors.